Tuesday 11 February 2014

Digital Citizenship - Rings of Responsibility

We began exploring some of the everyday responsibilities we have to ourselves, family and friends and to the larger community, both offline and online through the Rings of Responsibility.
We reflected on our offline responsibilities, began to look at our online responsibilities and that good digital citizens are responsible and respectful in the digital world (and beyond).
  • Self: The center ring has to do with responsibilities students have to themselves, such as keeping themselves safe and healthy, and protecting their reputations.
  • Friends and Family: The middle ring stands for responsibilities students have to their friends and family, such as helping with chores, attending their performances, or just listening to them when they are having problems.
  • Larger Community: The outer ring stands for responsibilities to the larger community, from following rules at school to playing safely at the playground.
Below are some photos of us practicing categorising the following statements into the three rings.  Where would you put them?
  • I post my opinions respectfully
  • I protect my passwords
  • I get permission to post photos of others
  • I keep my private information private
  • I stand up to cyber bullying
  • I give credit for information I find online







No comments:

Post a Comment