Wednesday 21 May 2014

Should we be allowed gum at school?




Dear Wendy,
I think we should be allowed gum at school.
firstly, I think we should be allowed gum at school because we won’t talk while we work because we would be too busy chewing gum.


SECONDLY, I think we should be allowed gum at school because it is good for you and is low in sugar, plus it’s just like brushing your teeth.


Thirdly,  I think we should be allowed gum at school because it will keep people entertained.


finally, I think that gum should be allowed at school because you would never need to use blu-tac again because gum is just as sticky to use as blu-tac.


Therefore, I think that gum should be allowed to be at school.

I hope you agree with me, Wendy.
by Breanna Thurston Room 16.  

Dear Breanna


You have presented some very convincing arguments for having gum at school.  I like to occasionally chew gum as i enjoy its flavour and its is less fattening to chew on gum than chocolate and other sugary foods.


I agree gum is better for your teeth but your other arguments are easily disputed.


I can talk and chew gum and i am sure you could too.  gum is sticky and because people tend to carelessly dispose of their gum it can end up on your clothes, in your hair and on the soles of your shoes to be trodden into your home carpet.  it is yucky to find gum stuck under your desk or seat.


gum makes a mess of our pathways and is a real issue when it is just tossed to the ground when people have finished with it.


Also people chewing gum can be off putting - especially when the chewing comes with those awful sound effects.  


EVEN THOUGH I ENJOY CHEWING GUM OCCASIONALLY I DO NOT THINK GUM SHOULD BE ALLOWED AT SCHOOL AS IT CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAT BENEFITS.


THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR IDEAS BUT I AM NOT CONVINCED!


SMILES,

WENDY B

No comments:

Post a Comment