Wednesday 21 May 2014

Should we have gum at school ?

Dear Wendy
I think we should have gum at school because it will keep the children
entertained and it stops you from talking in class while you are working.

Secondly, it makes your breath smell nice instead of your breath smell bad.

Thirdly ,it tastes nice and you don’t get bored because you are too busy chewing.

Fourthly ,you don’t need to brush your teeth. However ,it is disgusting when people put it under the desks and stick it behind their ears.

Finally ,the noise of chewing can be annoying.
But I think we should have GUM AT SCHOOL.!

By Georgie

Hi Georgie,

I can see that you have good reasons behind your argument however I am not convinced.  
I think it is awful seeing someone chewing gum like a cow chewing it’s cud, even though it might make your breath smell nice.

In Singapore they have banned gum and so their footpaths and roads are gum free.  After seeing how clean their paths etc were and coming back to New Zealand I was shocked at all the gum remains that have stained our foothpaths and roads.

I have had gum stuck in my hair and on my clothes as people tend to dispose of their gum in a very careless manner, so I don’t believe gum should be allowed at school.

Thanks for sharing your argument with me - your points are convincing but not convincing enough.

Smiles and hugs,


Wendy B

No comments:

Post a Comment